Friday, July 19, 2013

"DRY BRUSHING" to get rid of cellulite







Cellulite is a skin condition in which the layer of fat cells just beneath the skin presses against weakened connective tissue that covers the fat layer, resulting in a dimpled appearance on the skin's surface.

It can appear in skinny and/or fat women!!!

For me, fighting cellulite is an on-going process… When I fall off my diet, I immediately notice the difference in my body.j

It wasn’t until I started prepping for my 2nd competition that I noticed how much cellulite I had on the back of my legs and I didn’t like it one bit!

So me being me, started doing research online on how to get rid of it.

That’s when I found it… “Dry Brushing”
What is it?!

“Dry skin brushing is one of the best techniques to open up the pores of the skin, and to stimulate and detoxify the lymphatic system.

The skin is the largest organ in the body, and is responsible for one-fourth of the body's detoxification each day. It also makes it one of the most important elimination organs! For this reason the skin is also known as the "3rd" kidney, with the lungs being known as the 2nd kidney.

Our circulatory system has its own pump (our heart) to move blood through our bodies but our lymphatic system does not. It primarily relies on our movement to assist it. Typically, the more active we are physically the better condition our lymphatics will be.

Skin brushing helps move lymph fluid and gives us a jump-start on health. When the pores are not clogged with dead cells and the lymphatic system is cleansed, the body is able to carry out its important function of eliminating toxins and waste material.”



Benefits of dry skin brushing:

 -stimulates the lymphatic system
-cleans toxins from the lymphatic system
-helps digestion
-stimulates circulation
-increases cell renewal
-strengthens the immune system
-tightens the skin
-removes dead skin layers and other debris collected in its pores

B/c I wanted results fast, I started out doing it twice a day, morning and night… I saw results in about 3 weeks... No Lie!!!!

In addition to doing the dry brushing, I started doing incline walking (on the highest level) and stiff leg dead lifts…This all aided in tightening up the back of my legs!

It’s going on 2 months now and I still do it faithfully.

I also started looking up other natural remedies to help remove toxins from the body, which will ultimately help remove cellulite…

I came across “Apple Cider Vinegar”

So now I’ve added 2 tblsp of apple cider vinegar in water, twice a day, to my regimen.

Below are other key things that can aid in reducing the appearance of cellulite in the body ….

Nutrition: Your diet plays a HUGE part in the way your skin looks and feels... cellulite accumulation is no exception

Activity: Cardiovascular and aerobic exercises promote blood flow & circulation

Water: Drinking water will help cleanse your body and reduce toxins... Fewer toxins mean smaller deposits of cellulite.

Weight Training: Need I say more

Dry Brushing: MY NEW FAVORITE OBSESSION :)


Learn how to do it...







No comments: