Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Life of a Bikini Competitor




Beep.. Beep.. Beep.. Is the sound that wakes me up out my sleep. I reach over & hit snooze, only to be awakened 5 minutes later to the same sound. I look over at my clock, 5:30 am!!!

I slowly slide out of bed and head to the bathroom to splash my face with cold water. As I brush my teeth (staring in the mirror) I mentally say to myself: Nobody is forcing you to do this, so stop acting like it!!!

I finish up, quickly throw my gym clothes on, grab my gym bag, water bottle and Ipod.. Now off to the gym for my 45-1hr morning cardio. After Im done, I come home, quickly shower & change to get ready for work. Before I leave, I double check to make sure I have my 4 meals for my work day ~ I have become accustomed to living out of plastic containers. After I get off work, I head back to the gym for my night workout.

Yes, thats right!!! I workout 2 times a day. This is my life Monday - Friday... EAT, TRAIN, SLEEP has become my motto as I prep for my 1st Bikini Competition.

Go Hard or Go Home is what I keep telling myself....

So if anyone wants to know where I am,,,, I'll yell proudly to the top of my lungs.... " I'M IN THE GYM DAMMIT "  B/c this is the life of a Bikini Competitor!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What are some of the meals????

Bukola said...

Hi. The main staples are : chicken, fish, veges, eggs, brown rice, yams and maybe almonds. Also Water water water