Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Competition Mode ~ My Diet & Training


Pic is at 16 weeks out    4/30/2011



So what does it mean when you hear someone say "I’m Prepping for a Competition"

The basis behind a competition preparation "prep" is to lose body fat (properly), while holding on to as much muscle as possible!

~It takes alot of disciple & dedication~

All "preps" (Time/length, Diet, and Exercise) vary person to person...based on their body fat and goals!!
*So for me to go into specifics, would be pointless*

For my 1st Bikini Prep, I am learning that I hold alot of my body fat in my legs. So my diet and training (especially) will be the key ingredients in changing my body.

Now, don’t get me wrong, these two are the main ingredients when changing your body in general...but during a contest prep, it’s elevated to higher levels.

My diet started on 2/1/11...and when I say diet~ I mean, eating strict healthy foods to help strip the fat from my body. (Eating every 3 hours)

From 2/1/11 - 5/24/11 (I called this my pre-prep phase) ~ The foods I could eat:

(Proteins) ~lean

~Egg whites

~Chicken

~Turkey

~ Albacore (not tuna fish)

(Carbs)

~Salads

~Green Veges- Broccoli, Green beans etc

~Brown rice

~ Sweet potatoes

~Oatmeal -Steal Cut (not the instant packets full of sugar)

(Fats)

~Flax oil
~ Almonds *maybe*

(Supplements)

~Bcaa

~Glutamine

~Multi vitamin

* Water, Water, Water.... A gallon or more a day*

I was also doing double interval cardio sessions~ 2x a day ~  45- 1hr in the am & 30-45min in the pm. (Running on a treadmill- 1 min on, 1 min off) *Level hard*

In addition to the cardio.... I was doing strength training with weight 4 days per week~ Legs, back, Chest/bi's & Shoulders/tri's

5/30/11 ~ Will make me officially 12 weeks away from my compeition~ Aug 27, 2011 and in full contest prep mode!!!

My diet changed on 5/25/11 to ONLY:

~Chicken

~Tilapia

~Eggs

~Broccoli

~Spinach

~Asparagus

~Brown/Black rice

~Sweet potatoes

~Oatmeal

~Flax oil

~Cardio & exercises have remained the same for now~

As I said before, my diet & exercises are based on my body and goals...This should only be used as a possible template!!!

I am not a trainer (I have one who specializes in doing competitions) and this is all very new to me... I am still Learning, Growing and Enjoying the journey!!!

Until my next update......
xoxoxo

No comments: